Hey, I’m David Molina, entrepreneur, strategist, former Army Captain, and father of Maya, Paloma and Citlali, ages 15, 13 and 13.
After a combined 20+ years of service to country in uniform, various startups and companies ranging in size and customers I’m on mission to channel these experiences and lessons learned to best help business owners exit and retire.
As a business broker, I advise and help business owners with $1M+ revenue with selling their business so they can retire before the age of 82 and move onto the next chapter in their lives. I pay it forward on the Oregon State University Alumni Association and mentoring the next generation of students and sharing what I know with small business owners.
In 2014 I founded and led Operation Code to lobby Congress to expand the New GI Bill to include code schools and help transition veterans/ military family to careers in software and build the veterans technical talent pipeline.
I served in uniform, enlisted and officer, as a Private First Class, Aide-de-Camp, Summary Court Martial Officer, Protocol Officer, Public Affairs Officers and S-2/3 Officer in Charge (OIC) exiting Dover AFB in 2013 after a decade in uniform.
In the 2018 election cycle I ran for the Oregon State Legislature to represent Forest Grove, Cornelius and West Hillsboro, but came up short in the general election against an entrenched incumbent.
I started my career as a farmworker in the Skagit Valley picking berries, harvesting oysters and driving forklift/ trucks for fruit warehouses.
In the last year I’ve been enrolled in a masterclass focused on lifestyle medicine to heal, reduce inflammation and improve my health.
- Physical. I hike and walk weekly and lift resulting in dropping over 50 lb. and producing healthier vitals and getting regenerative sleep.
- Nutrition. I follow religiously the guidance of Dr. Labrada and Dr. Fernandez avoiding processed foods, sugary drinks and a focus on real food.
- Family. I spend intentional time w/ family, daughters and exploring new places to make memories.
- Business. Slowing down to go further, faster building a scaleable, repeatable, and profitable model one that is the best and most optimal use of my time and skills and those on the team.
- Podcasts. The Momentum Lab and the Order of Man.
- Music. I listen to a wide range of music depending on the task at hand with each having a way of teaching us lessons. Many times I prefer classical, EDM or DJ Enrie when I write.
- Reading. I’m a voracious reader and enjoy books and articles on strategy, technology, AI, investments, architecture and poetry.
- Writing. I blog in markdown using Jekyll, a static site generator, iTerm to push my thoughts, Netlify to host, and GitHub to store my code. In the past I’ve blogged using WordPress, Tumblr, Posterous, and Medium to blog and have been a guest blogger on multiple outlets.
This update was last made December 13, 2023.